Palos Verdes Peninsula Wedding Venues
1) One of the most notable landmarks in Rancho Palos Verdes is the Wayfarers' Chapel located in Portuguese Bend on Palos Verdes Drive South about a 10 minute drive to the Palos Verdes Beach and Athletic Club along the coast through Rancho Palos Verdes. This "Glass Church" was built by the Churches of the New Jerusalem in 1951 as a national monument to Emanuel Swedenborg, an eighteenth-century mystic. The construction was made possible by Mrs. Narcissa Vanderlip, who donated the site, and was designed by Lloyd Wright, son of Frank Lloyd Wright.
The Wayfarers chapel is also a very popular wedding venue.
2) Terrenea Resort - Rancho Palos Verdes
The new Terrenea Resort which opened in June 2009 has some fantastic facilities for weddings and has 5 locations on the grounds for weddings, including a location right on the ocean point with stunning views of the ocean
(Click on Picutre to Enlarge)
The main hotel building is a 5 story structure containing 360 rooms. The 62,000 square foot conference center includes an 18,000 square foot main ballroom plus two junior ballrooms.
Wedding Site at edge of Terranea Resort
View from Wedding Site
View of Resort from Wedding Site
3) The Palos Verdes Country Club in the Valmonte area of Palos Verdes Estates was recently remodeled and is an excellent venue for a wedding with a large clubhouse room and wonderful golf course views.
Location: The Palos Verdes Golf Club is located at 3301 Via Campesina. The land and facility belongs to the City of Palos Verdes Estates and the Club is operated under a concession agreement with the City.
The Clubhouse was recently reconstructed and remodeled and enlarged and is available for weddings and special occasions.
4) Trump National Golf Club - Rancho Palos Verdes
Location: One Ocean Trails Drive, on Palos Verdes Drive South, just north of the border between Rancho Palos Verdes and San Pedro. Directions from the Harbor Freeway: Take the Harbor Freeway south until it ends at Gaffey. Turn left on Gaffey to 25th Street. Right on 25th Street until it narrows and turns into Palos Verdes Drive South at the border with Rancho Palos Verdes. Go approx. 1`mile and turn left on Ocean Trails Drive. From Palos Verdes, take Hawthorne Boulevard directly to the ocean and turn left at Palos Verdes Drive South. It is about four miles to Ocean Trails Drive.
Club house: The Cafe Pacific restaurant is excellent, offering spectacular ocean views. The Grand Ballroom, seating over 300 guests, is available for weddings and special events.
5) One site very popular for weddings is the La Venta Inn overlooking Malaga Cove in Palos Verdes Estates. The views from their outdoor wedding area overlook the entire Santa Monica Bay and are spectacular!!!
A Wedding at the La Venta Inn La Venta Inn
6) Los Verdes Country Club - Rancho Palos Verdes
Location: 7000 West Los Verdes Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
7) Right next to the Palos Verdes Beach and Athletic Club in the Malaga Cove area of Palos Verdes Estates is the Haggarty's Mansion/Neighborhood Church (Click on link). One of the more spectacular buildings in Palos Verdes was the mansion constructed in 1928 for J.J. Haggarty of Haggarty's Department Stores. In addition to the magnificent villa, Haggarty also built a pier extending from his property into the ocean for the purpose of launching his boats. False rumors claimed he used it for smuggling imports into the country. This pier, just to the south of the Swim Club, can be seen in old photographs of the Swim Club. The mansion was never occupied by the Haggartys, as Mrs. Haggarty preferred to stay at the family estate on Adams Blvd. closer in to the city of Los Angeles. Mr. Haggarty died in 1935, and the mansion was vacant for many years, and became to be rumored as haunted. Sometime in the early 1940's, an eccentric inventor purchased the property, and furnished it with a large collection of nude statues and paintings. Finally, the Neighborhood Church acquired the property in1950 for only $70,000,
Haggarty's Mansion, now the Neighborhood Church, is located at 415Paseo del Mar in Malaga Cov
The Neighborhood Church is a great facility for weddings, and has both a beautiful chapel as well as a large outdoor grass area for outdoor weddings that overlooks the ocean..
Right next door to the Neighborhood Church is the Palos Verdes Beach and Athletic Club, which is a great venue for a wedding reception. The arrangements for the rental of either the Club Room (which has great ocean views), or the full pool deck area must be made through a club member.
Palos Verdes Beach & Athletic Club
Churches on the Palos Verdes Peninsula:
Palos Verdes Estates:
Neighborhood Church - 415 Paseo Del Mar
St Francis Episcopal Church - 2200 Via Rosa,
Rancho Palos Verdes:
Ascension Lutheran Church- 26231 Silver Spur Rd,
Chabad Of Palos Verdes- 28041 Hawthorne Blvd,
Church Of Jesus Christ Of Lds - 5845 Crestridge Rd,
Community Christian Church - 1903 W Summerland St,
Congregation Ner Tamid- 5721 Crestridge Rd,
Wayfarers Chapel (The Glass Church) - 5755 Palos Verdes Dr S,
Mt Olive Lutheran Church - 5975 Armaga Spring Rd,
Pacific Unitarian Church - 5621 Montemalaga Dr,
Peninsula Baptist Church - 5640 Crestridge Rd,
Peninsula Community Church - 5640 Crestridge Rd,
Shri Satya Sai Bab Spirital - 6869 Verde Ridge Rd,
South Bay Evangelical Church - 5640 Crestridge Rd,
St John Fisher Catholic Church - 5448 Crest Rd, (intersection of Crenshaw)
St Paul's Lutheran Church - 31290 Palos Verdes Dr W,
St Peter's Presbyterian Church - 6410 Palos Verdes Dr S,
Rolling Hills Estates:
Rolling Hills Covenant Church - 2222 Palos Verdes Drive North
First Baptist Church of Palos Verdes - 28 Mocassin Lane
Rolling Hills United Methodist Church - 26438 Crenshaw
New Life Christian Church - 28340 Highridge Road
St. Lukes Presbyterian Church - 26825 Rolling Hills Road
Palos Verdes Peninsula:
Christian Science Church- 4010 Palos Verdes Dr N,